Tuesday, August 11, 2009

FERDINAND THE BULL


I thought I was one of a very select sensitive breed whose numbers were giving way to the more sensible realistic crowd. You know, those people who aren't afraid to tell you how it is, and use the phrase "because I'm a realist" using their version of truth as an excuse to be rude! How then, given their convictions were those realists swayed by the promise of hope and change?

It sounds like a wonderful idea, even fanciful! The notion certainly appeals to me as I begin to picture the humanity of everyone living together in harmony. I can hear Louie Armstrong's voice right now ...and I think to myself what a wonderful world.

It all just sounded so good and the status quo had to go, but no one bothered to ask... what is the hope and change? Did anyone tell them that their personal freedom was to pay the price? Oh, except for the freedom to destroy human life as we know it, that we can do at will. Unless of course, you are a convicted felon capable of doing the unthinkable, then you'll be protected. Some might even end up being sent to live in a tropical paradise.

What happened to my heroes? Who will take center stage to defend me, a constitutionalist. The ideals of hope and change, in my opinion, are directly responsible for the increase in value of gold and ammo, making them the most sought after commodities of the day. I'm saddened by this yet I am taking stock, I would rather my principles and values be the only thing I take stock in. I'm worried that this makes me appear slightly mad but this seems more like common sense to me than fantasy.

I have a bumper sticker that says Sarah Palin 2012 and underneath it says in very broad letters YOU CAN KEEP THE CHANGE...I like that!

More on Sarah later

No comments:

Post a Comment