Wednesday, August 12, 2009


I am deep thinker whose thoughts turn round and round in my brain until they finally make their way to page. No one is to say that my thoughts are terribly intelligent, but I can assure you that I would be difficult to match in passion and conviction.

You see, I am an incurable romantic just naive enough to believe that the US Constitution is not a work of fiction, but the brilliance of hard working people who experienced first hand the injustice of control and regulation by government, namely, the British Empire.

Isn't the word empire just an old way of saying new world order? I think the ideals are very much the same, and though not particularly funny, I'm reminded of one of my favorite cartoons...Pinky and the Brain. Pinky, at the end of every episode would inevitably ask Brain. "What are we going to do tonight Brain?" and Brain would always answer, "The same thing we do everyday Pinky, try to take over the world." Clearly Brain was a modern progressive and I wonder if the name Pinky has any correlation to the word Pinko. Despite all their evil efforts the cartoon always ends in failure.

So it is with my uncanny ability to type while still clinging to my guns and my religion, I will stay the course that was laid out centuries before me by those wild eyed dreamers we now know as the founding fathers of America....while making as many cartoon referrences as possible. That's pretty easy, everyone knows toon town exists in Washington. Ever hear of DC comics?

No comments:

Post a Comment